Preparing For Your Upcoming Holiday Party?
The holidays are here and that means it’s party time! At Peter and Pauls EventCatering we know that hosting a holiday party can be stressful. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! We’ve put together a list of things to remember the day of your event. These will help you pull off the holiday party of the year – stress free!
- Consider Dietary Restrictions – Now more than ever people are becoming more and more intolerant to certain food items and food groups. Although a simple pizza used to be the safe choice – it’s not anymore. Now, one must consider gluten free, vegetarian, lactose free and vegan options! If catering a holiday party, make sure to ask your caterer about the options they provide. This will not only make it easier on you – the host, but on your guests as well. Guests can come to your party with stress free knowing they will have options! You can rest easy knowing you considered everyone.
- Make It Festive – Some little details that are often overlooked, can really make your holiday party! Think about music, lighting, place settings and decor! That doesn’t mean you have to go out and buy all new holiday decorations however, finding time to put up your tree and garland, will really add a festive feel to your party.
- Garnish Your Food – The fact is: people will eat more if it looks “pretty” so take the extra step. Add grapes to your cheese platter to contrast, add slices of lemons and limes to any dish to add colour and adding mint leaves to your soups. These will help make your dishes look more complete and more appetizing.
- Time management – This is a biggie. Hosting a party does not mean doing everything the day of. Being organized and prepared is half the battle! Make sure to go through your to-do list and try to accomplish as much as possible in advance. By doing so, you leave more time on the day of for last minute things that may come up (because they do come up).
- Always Have Extra Ice – This is one of the most simple thing you can do, and seems to always be forgotten. Considering the size and number of beverages at your event, your freezer’s ice maker just isn’t going to cut it. Make sure to stock up on a few bags of ice to keep drinks cool both in the glass and in the cooler.
- Have Fun! – Easier said than done nonetheless, remember, it’s not a party if you’re not having fun! Think about why you decided to host the party to begin with and remember, t’is the season to enjoy, with family and friends.
Do you have any tips that will help execute a holiday party with ease? Share them in the comments below! Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay in the know with all our latest happenings and new menu items!